Established 1975 Contact Us: info@danaanglingclub.org Weigh SlipFacebook Dana Angling Club
Dana Angling Club Dana Angling Club

Author Topic: Yellowtail Tournament - July 1, 2020  (Read 1466 times)

CBailey

• Administrator
  • Ex Presidente
Yellowtail Tournament - July 1, 2020
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:33:08 PM »
After making a run to Catalina last weekendand seeing both White Seabass and Yellowtail being caught, but not catching any. I made a early run to Catalina. Arrive at Avalon around 630, had to wait for LBCarnage to arrive for some squid.  Moved around to the backside to set up at the Palisades area. A couple boats in the area pulling on fish...  It didnt take long before my first bite, ended up losing it when it made a run into my anchor line at color....  My morning continued this way, losing the next 2 fish. Finally landing this one..  Also released a dozen short halibut...

Get out there and go get some fish.

Hattaboy

• If you're not out fishing you're being outfished
Re: Yellowtail Tournament - July 1, 2020
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 05:28:09 PM »
Chris,

Congrat's on a nice YT for the tournament. Glad to hear they are still biting.

Best,

G

Jeff Tom

• Start'm Young
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 08:40:43 PM »
Awesome work... figured it out...

J
Jeff

Team Black Fin

Hattaboy

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 03:45:18 PM »
Late report. Jeannie and I decided to run out to Catalina for the day on Saturday to fish the YT tournament. We set up with fresh frozen squid off Palisades. Jeannie got a bite on the dropper loop 10 minutes after we set anchor. She fought a nice 29.3 # Yellowtail to gaff. That was it for the day besides assorted short halibut, bat ray, shovel nose shark, etc...We found puddling YT off Palisades after we pulled anchor around 11 am. They were slurping up 1" Anchovy that they had balled up in several areas. They would swim right under the pulpit as I pulled up to the bait ball and chase the surface iron but no bites. A fun day on the water and great for Jeannie to be able to enter a fish in the tournament.

Best,

G

Hattaboy

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 10:37:09 PM »
Short video of Jeannie's catch:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SAXk2guG7gI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hooked

• Administrator
  • Go FISH!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 04:04:14 PM »
Fun video as usual Geoff. Nice going Jeannie and G.
Geoff Hersch
Hooked-48' Riviera

Jeff Tom

• Start'm Young
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 12:07:07 AM »
that is so cool G.... looks like a great time....she did well on that fish. Congratulations on a great tournament!...

jeff
Jeff

Team Black Fin

Copyright © Tuna Dana Angling Club Tuna All Rights Reserved Tuna Privacy Policy Tuna Terms and Conditions Tuna Site Map Tuna Advertise

The Dana Angling Club is a Non Profit Corporation Founded November 25, 1975 An Associate Member of: Dana Point Fisheries Enhancement Program, International Game Fish Association and United Anglers of Southern California

Website by OCwebs