Established 1975 Contact Us: info@danaanglingclub.org Weigh SlipFacebook Dana Angling Club
Dana Angling Club Dana Angling Club

Author Topic: Ladies Tournament Report  (Read 642 times)

Hattaboy

• If you're not out fishing you're being outfished
Ladies Tournament Report
« on: August 17, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
Chris joined Jeannie and me for the tournament this weekend. The plan was to target Marlin to try and get Jeannie her first ever and also see if we could get lucky and pick up some paddy Yellowtail and maybe a Tuna. Day 1 we got a Marlin bite SE of the 14. It bit a pink Coggins slant head behind a pink squid chain. Jeannie fought it for about 20 min and we successfully released her first Marlin! I have been trying to do this for several years and Chris has been nice enough to go with us on these previous attempts so it was especially rewarding to get it done this time. Jeannie is really exited. It's a tournament fish and a 30# button for her. Later in the day we saw some feeders right off Avalon. They were chasing Sauries (big cigar size), making them shower accross the water. Chris got a cast into the spot but didn't get a bite. We spent the night on a mooring in Avalon. Day 2 we found some tailers West of the A Bank. One group of about 5-6 and another single. They were up and down quick and hard to get on, but Chris got a cast on the single but it didn't bite. We moved back across the A Bank and ended up getting another Jig strike on the SE edge of the A Bank. A pink swimmer behind green squid chain. It took a lot of line and ended up under the boat before I realized it and the line got tangled in one of the props. I actually jumped in with a mask and tried to free it but the line parted. So, a real disappointment but, overall a really fun weekend. Thanks to Chris for coming along and making it all possible.

Best,

G
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:17:04 AM by Hattaboy »

Scott Kingsmill

Re: Ladies Tournament Report
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 07:30:20 PM »
Happy for Jeanie and crew. Your first marlin is always special.

Scott K.

Jeff Tom

• Start'm Young
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 08:06:36 PM »
Now thats a fun weekend! Congratulations Team Jefe and Jeannie for her first Marlin. Good going raising them...

J
Jeff

Team Black Fin

watrloged

• BOD
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 07:33:48 AM »
Lots of Marlin action... Good Job.  New boat is "Fishy"....Dave

Copyright © Tuna Dana Angling Club Tuna All Rights Reserved Tuna Privacy Policy Tuna Terms and Conditions Tuna Site Map Tuna Advertise

The Dana Angling Club is a Non Profit Corporation Founded November 25, 1975 An Associate Member of: Dana Point Fisheries Enhancement Program, International Game Fish Association and United Anglers of Southern California

Website by OCwebs